Highways authorities and utilities companies 


How to identify and tell us about damaged Openreach equipment

We want to make sure our street equipment isn’t damaged or in anyone’s way. Not only is that the right thing to do, it’s also the law.

You can help us by letting us know if you see anything that isn’t right. And if you’re not sure if something belongs to us, you can check in this guide.

How to tell us about faulty or damaged kit

Please email us a photo and we’ll get it sorted. It’s really helpful if you give us the precise location to help us fix it quickly – for example, a postcode or 12-digit grid reference.

Other ways to get in touch

  • Through EToN 6 (Electronic Transfer of Notifications) – send your section 81s directly to us using the notifications system.
  • Using the SRWR (Scottish Road Works Register) – if you’re in Scotland, tell us about any problems using a defective apparatus notification form.
  • Call your local council or highways authority on their 24-hour emergency response number.
  • If you’re a utility or emergency service, call your local highways authority. Or you can call us on 0800 023 2023 (option 1 + option 1). Find out more.