Damage to our network
Details on how to identify and tell us about unsafe or damaged Openreach equipment are given below. Please talk to your phone or broadband provider if you:
- have a question about your bill
- have a problem with your service, like a fault
- have a query about an engineer visit
- want to order phone or broadband, or upgrade to fibre.
They have all your details and will work with us to organise any installation or repair work on your behalf.
Tell us about unsafe or damaged equipment
If you spot any unsafe or damaged equipment which you think belongs to Openreach, it’s important that you tell us about it. Please check this guide to make sure it’s ours first.
The quickest way to get in contact is to use our virtual assistant. Eiva will help you to find the information you need or set up a chat with our customer services team if necessary. Just click on the icon in the bottom right corner of the screen to get started.
Alternatively you can call us on 0800 023 2023 (option 1 + option 1).
You can report things like:
- damaged underground cables (often caused by mechanical diggers in built-up areas)
- loose cables or cables dangling from telephone poles
- damaged green cabinets or unattended cabinets with open doors
- something unsafe at a site where we're working
- damaged telephone poles (for example if they’re leaning at odd angles, or have fallen down)
- loose, cracked or missing manhole covers
- damage to your property or personal injury
- engineer behaviour.
Utility companies should call us on 0800 023 2023 (option 1 + option 1).