Damage to our network
If you spot any unsafe or damaged equipment which you think belongs to Openreach, it’s important that you tell us about it. Please check this guide to make sure it’s ours first.
You can report damage damage to our network by completing the online damage reporting form. Alternatively you can call us on 0800 023 2023 (option 1 + option 1).
You can report things like:
- damaged underground cables (often caused by mechanical diggers in built-up areas)
- loose cables or cables dangling from telephone poles
- damaged green cabinets or unattended cabinets with open doors
- damaged telephone poles (for example if they’re leaning at odd angles, or have fallen down)
- loose, cracked or missing manhole covers.
You can also use this number to tell us if you see something unsafe at a site where we’re working.
Utility companies should also follow the same process as above and complete the online damage reporting form. Alternatively you can call us on 0800 023 2023 (option 1 + option 1).
Damage to your property or personal injury
If we’ve damaged your property or caused personal injury to you while we’ve been working we’re very sorry. Please tell us what’s gone wrong by calling 0800 023 2023 (option 1 + option 2). We’ll do our best to put things right.
If you're unhappy about the behaviour of one of our engineers or contractors you can get in touch with us.
If you want to report damage to our network, your property or personal injury please use the contact links given under the damage sections above. This will ensure that you get through to the right teams as quickly as possible.
We can help:
- if we’ve been working in your area and left a mess in the street that we should have cleared up, or we haven’t put things back as they were
- about the behaviour of an Openreach employee or someone working on our behalf
- if you want to report dangerous driving by one of our engineers or parking problems due to one of our vans (it would help if you have the vehicle’s registration number).