Damage to our network
If you spot any unsafe or damaged equipment which you think belongs to Openreach, it’s important that you tell us about it. Please check this guide to make sure it’s ours first. Then call us on 0800 023 2023 (option 1 + option 1).
You can report things like:
- damaged underground cables (often caused by mechanical diggers in built-up areas)
- loose cables or cables dangling from telephone poles
- damaged green cabinets or unattended cabinets with open doors
- damaged telephone poles (for example if they’re leaning at odd angles, or have fallen down)
- loose, cracked or missing manhole covers.
You can also use this number to tell us if you see something unsafe at a site where we’re working.
Damage to your property
If we’ve damaged your property during work we’ve done, we’re very sorry. Please tell us what’s gone wrong by calling 0800 023 2023 (option 1 + option 2). We’ll do our best to put things right.