Checks you can do for small network termination points
- Check you have power to your equipment (phone, modem etc), and that you haven’t accidentally unplugged it or switched it off.
- Check your phones or handsets aren’t faulty – test them by unplugging them and reconnecting them one at a time. Remember to check the line with each one.
- Check any equipment that’s connected to your phone line in the same way – so that’s things like routers, TVs, set-top boxes, modems, faxes, alarms and auto diallers (for care systems).
- Restart your broadband equipment by turning the power off and on again. Make sure you give it enough time to power up before you try it again.
- Double check all the cables are connected and haven’t come loose.
- If you’re using wi-fi, try a couple of devices to make sure it’s a problem with the connection and not the device itself.
- If you’ve got another broadband router, try connecting that. If it works, then it’s an issue with the router, not the connection.