16 February 2022
Please read our terms and conditions below:
- The pledger (“You”) consent to allow Openreach (who manages the fibre network on behalf of BT as the fibre network owner) (“Us”) to use your voucher under the UK Gigabit Voucher Scheme which is part of Project Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme delivered by the DCMS (“GBVS Voucher”).
- You recognise that once validated by DCMS, your GBVS Voucher along with vouchers from other pledgers in your community will be used to contribute your share of the total cost of us bringing a gigabit capable fibre broadband solution to the community which you are a part of (the "Project").
- You agree that you will on request confirm to DCMS your consent for us to use the GBVS Voucher for the purposes of the Project.
- You will comply with the terms of the DCMS scheme as a recipient of the GBVS Voucher, and on completion of network build will take up an eligible service from a participating supplier on the full fibre network within a reasonable period (but no later than 2 months) of the network being made available to participating suppliers and confirm the same to DCMS on request, providing confirmation that it has been installed and is performing as expected.
You further recognise that if:
- You violate the terms of the scheme, resulting in the GBVS Voucher no longer being eligible
- Allocate your GBVS Voucher to someone else other than us; and/or
- Do not take up service within 2 months of the availability of a fibre service to participating supplier
we will reserve the right to seek payment from you of an equivalent value to the GBVS Voucher.
- You acknowledge that we will only proceed to build the network once the target amount (as specified on the website for your community project) is achieved through the pledging of funding from your community and only if enough of the pledgers in your community have confirmed to DCMS in the required timescale their consent for us to use the GBVS Voucher for the Project (“Build Start Date”). Subject to matters beyond our reasonable control, we will then target completion of the build within 12 months of the Build Start Date (“Build Completion Target Date”), subject to capacity.
- If delivery is not achieved within the Build Completion Target Date and is not due to a matter beyond our reasonable control, rendering the GBVS Voucher potentially ineligible, we will not seek to recover any costs from you. Save to the extent that such liability cannot be limited under law, our liability to you in respect of these Pledge Conditions shall extend solely to covering the cost of the GBVS Voucher.
- Any service Issues in terms of ordering or provision of service over the fibre network once the fibre network is available, should be dealt with via your chosen participating supplier.
- You confirm in agreeing these pledge conditions that you are happy to be contacted by the DCMS to enable them to verify your acceptance of the beneficiary terms and conditions and to confirm eligibility details. Emails will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any issues concerning our pledge scheme you can contact us and we will look to respond to your concerns as soon as reasonably practicable to do so.
- These Pledge Conditions shall be governed by English law and subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.