Help to get your community connected by pledging your voucher with Openreach
Take your first step towards Ultrafast Full Fibre broadband. The new UK Gigabit Voucher scheme launches on 8 April 2021. You could apply for a free Government voucher* to contribute towards the cost of your community getting Ultrafast Full Fibre Broadband
Rural premises may be eligible for additional funding through the Government’s Gigabit Broadband voucher scheme. Vouchers are worth up to £1,500 for homes and up to £3,500 for businesses to help cover the costs of installing gigabit broadband.
- Your voucher will go towards the costs of building the network, you'll have to pay for a broadband package once it's built.
How to get your voucher
Key conditions of the funding
When you apply for a voucher, you are committing to ordering a Full Fibre service from a provider of your choice when the network is built.
- This service should be for a minimum of 12 months and should more than double your current speed or be at least 30Mbps.
- Costs will be set by service providers themselves, but you could also ask your existing provider about upgrades.
- If you're applying for a business voucher (sole traders or businesses) the Government will ask you for proof of status.
- Only one voucher pledge per address is allowed and any duplicates will be cancelled. However, if you have multiple properties you can pledge for each address, assuming you will order service for each of them.
The Openreach network is open to all service providers. Once Full Fibre is available you'll be able to order broadband from any service provider operating in your area.
*Terms and conditions apply