Civil Poling Engineer
UK Wide, United Kingdom
£27,000 to £30,000
13 Sep 2022
About this role
About the role
We’re looking for Civils/Poling Engineers to join us at an exciting time. You’ll work as part of a two-person team, undertaking small civil engineering work in both highway and customer property, helping us to connect people and build the best digital future for the UK.
We’re the nation’s number one broadband network we build the connections that matter.
Our customers are the 640+ communications providers who sell phone, broadband and Ethernet services to homes and businesses and our mission is build the best digital future for the UK.
There’s over 33,000 of us across the country, and we have a vision that our workforce should represent the communities that we serve. Diversity and accessibility are important to both where we are now and where we’re going. We value every colleague and the contribution they make, because a diverse business is a stronger business.
We also want the best work-life balance for all our people, which is why we offer smart working. It’s not a one-size-fits-all solution, so you’ll be able to discuss how smart working fits with your role during the recruitment process.
- Work as a part of a two-person team in both highways and customer property
- Undertake excavation, reinstatement, and backfill work to enable service provision and repair
- Undertake poling when required
- Work on Openreach’s network to agreed safety and quality standards, including compliance with external guidelines and legislation
- £27 - £30k OTE
- 22 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Share save scheme
- Maternity leave
- 50% off BT and EE mobile pay monthly or SIM only plans
- Exclusive colleague discounts on our latest and greatest BT broadband packages, including BT Sport and the NOW Entertainment membership, NOW Sport, Cinema and Kids
How to apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page.
We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed.
We welcome applications from every community and we’re looking forward to receiving yours.