Environment and society
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) encourages organisations like Openreach to use their core competencies to make a significant contribution to the communities in which they operate.
BT Group, as a whole, aims to be at the heart of a society that is communications and information-rich - and in which everyone, has access to the benefits of improved communications. Openreach seek to support the BT Group strategy through:
Sustainable economic growth
- Enabling the spread of Broadband infrastructure through delivery of reliable products and services.
- Developing portal/web capability.
- Ensuring a level playing field / fair competition though equivalent behaviour.
Tackling climate change / environmental degradation
- Ensuring responsible environmental management of fleet & buildings.
- Enabling travel substitution via teleworking, teleconferencing.
- Improving efficiencies in time allocation /reduced mileage through patch management.
- Utilising environmentally friendly energy where possible.
More inclusive society
- Promoting diversity in recruitment - recruit the best people for the job.
- Helping develop skills for individual societal inclusion.
- Participating in key government initiatives, e.g. apprenticeship programmes.
- Driving continual improvement in the network so Communications Providers can deliver better products and services to end users.
- Supporting young people in the UK to develop the skills necessary to communicate effectively and with confidence.